Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I love the children!

This is Beth.

This experience is so rewarding. We have visited the hopital and orphange #2 for the past two days, and the children are so sweet. Even though we have three more days here in Russia, I am a little sad that we are not returning to see those children again. I have learned only a few words in Russian, that I pronounce poorly, and many of them were taught to me through the interaction with the children. I love to hear them talk to me, trying desperately to communicate. Unfortunately, to know what they are saying I have to get the attention of the very busy interpreter to know what they are saying. Today, I had the pleasure of playing with a little boy who is 3 years old. He was taking the doors off of a truck and trying to put them back on again. However, it was much more difficult to put them back on than to take them off. I offered to help him, but he was an independent little boy who wanted to figure it out on his own. He was very smart and did manage to get the doors back on after many tries. I clapped and praised him for his success, and of course he loved that so the doors came off again. Every time he would take the doors off and begin the struggle with putting them back on, I would tell him, "now fix it", and after a few times he bagan to repeat, "fix it". It was the cutest thing. These children are so precious. I could tell many stories of special moments I have had with them. I truly pray that God will touch their hearts and draw them close to him, and that those of us who already are blessed by a relationship with Christ will welcome these children into our lives.

Your sister in Christ,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment